Ron,

I opted to include the KAF2 option when building my K2/100 rather than the
DSP option, and have found that the KAF2 audio filter is a worthwhile
addition to the receiver. FWIW I use a sidetone (beat note) between 350 and
400 Hz when copying CW, and when there is a lot of "on frequency" QRM the
KAF2 can help to dig out a weak DX SSB signal.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD (ex VE3GL, VE2AIO etc)