* On 2011 19 Jul 12:51 -0500, John Ragle wrote:
>      2. <LF/CR> is just good practice...so much of the first couple of
> exchanges in PSK is done by macro that one would think people would
> include the <LF/CR> a couple of times in their macro texts.

When more hams can write emails in complete sentences and with line
breaks I'll have hope that the same can translate to PSK and other digi
modes.  Unfortunately, reading too many lists and forums leads me to
think that there is some stigma attached to using the <Enter> key.

>      4. Being an old ham (lightly cured since 1946) but relatively new
> to PSK (6-8 years) I am greatly amused by some of the things that
> PSK'ers do -- "created in..." rather than "born in..." or "age..." It is
> almost like the CB'ers invention of a new language that went with their
> somewhat suspect operating procedures..."breaker breaker..." and so on.

Chalk it up to a desire to stand out by their creativity, I suppose.
OTOH, how people (beyond amateurs) have a tendency to imitate the Rubber
Duck when they grab a microphone is also a bit puzzling.  Apparently,
use of a two-way radio requires a certain type of voice and vocabulary.
Who knew?

73, de Nate N0NB >>