From: Nate Bargmann <n...@n0nb.us>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K4
Date: Tuesday, July 26, 2011, 8:40 PM

* On 2011 26 Jul 21:19 -0500, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

> Lew,
>
> Other than the fact that the FT-736R had all of the modules in the
> case, what is the difference between a K4 such as you propose and
> a K3/10 with a XV-144/XV-222/XV-432 stack?  Perhaps Elecraft could
> be persuaded to work on an XV-1290 to round out the offering ...
>
> Of more interest would be the ability to activate two of the XVs at
> the same time and feed the second one to the K3's Aux input (sub RX)
> for monitoring two bands, working satellites, or working cross band.
> It would take some work with both the XVs and the K3 control code
> but might pay off more than a VHF/UHF only "K4."

As my interest has recently been piqued by the satellites, this was just
the solution I had in mind with my K3.  I day dreamed that with the sub
receiver the K3 might be able to do full duplex.  My reading of this
list's archives led me to the conclusion that this is not possible at
this time.  Should the K3 be developed as you suggest, Joe, I would be
happy to go that route.

At the moment I have more pressing needs such as antenna construction
and getting familiar with various aspects of satellite operation.  For
that I will concentrate on receiving and my FT-817 needs a purpose.  :-)

73, de Nate N0NB >>

possible worlds.  The pessimist fears this is true."