I notice the same thing.  I would love to have VFO B show the K3 power
out when I change bands.  Right now "KPA500" and "OPERATE" of "STANDBY"
are spelled out.  They could be abbreviated leaving room for the actual
power my K3 is going to make the first time I press the key.  I'm always
wary that something didn't change the power and I'm going fry the 500
with a full 100W of drive.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2011 Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2011
- www.cqp.org

"Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean something really isn't out to
get me."