From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of rhule...@comcast.net
Sent: 27 August 2011 15:35
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K1 praise

This is probably off topic, seeing as how most topics are now K3 or KX3.

Still, just had to praise my K1...
Again, this Saturday morning, turned K1-4 s/n 2258 to 15M and started
working EU
with 4 watts to a center-fed doublet.  In about 15 minutes, Croatia,
England, and Russia.
If this weekend is anything like last, will likely work 10 other countries
or more.

I built this rig several years ago, including the internal tuner to use for
parkbench portable.
Since completion, I can't imagine how many QSOs have made with this little
rig. I am always
amazed to answer a CQ using less than 5 watts and receive a response from
someone
thousands of miles away.  I own a number of other QRP rigs, including a K2,
but the
little K1's simplicity and capability always draw me to use it on the
weekends.

72, KB5JO