In a message dated 27/06/05 16:37:10 GMT Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

The only  glitch I'm having right now is that I'm getting reports of
FM/Chirp, and I  can hear this when I transmit into a dummy load,
listening on a  TS-940.  I thought it might be voltage drop under load,
but reducing  power doesn't change it.  I haven't gone through the TX
alignment so  maybe this is an alignment thing(?).

Reply:-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Paul,

Check that RFC15 the 100uH choke that feeds the 5V supply to the PLL  chip U4
pin 16 on the RF board is not O/C. Apparently a common cause of  this problem
as it is very easily damaged during installation. Need to check it  with a
DVM for a low through resistance as voltage tests can be  misleading.

Can be temporarily replaced with a wire link until a new choke is obtained
if it is faulty. When installing a new choke carefully hold the wires next to
the body of the choke with a small pair of needle nose pliers and bend the
free  end of the wire with your fingers only. This helps to keep mechanical
stress off  the choke body.

Bob, G3VVT