Just some notes for people who might want to hear my experiences with the
T1-A Elecraft tuner i just got.

I first tried it with an approx. 100-ft longwire, no radials.  The
tuner would take
the swr down all the way to 1.0 on 20m, 40m, but on 75m and 80m i would be
left with "three bars" of swr on my FT-817, 2.5 on the T1.

I then laid out a 66-ft radial.  No improvement on 75m and 80m. In fact, no
apparent change at all.

So i added about 50 ft to the longwire, making it about 150 ft long
(40 ft up in the
trees).  The swr problem got worse. Minimum swr was above 3.0 now, totally
unusable.  The ground radial did nothing to help.

So i added ANOTHER 50 ft to the longwire, making it about 200 ft long.  Now
everything is fine on 20, 40, 80, and 160.  However, the ground radial seems to
do nothing to make things better or worse, at least as viewed at my radio.

Now i have to find a longwire length of "less than 100 ft" that will
tune up well on
those bands (20, 40, 75, 80) for going portable.

Orrin wn1z