Hint:  Prop mirrors so you can see the ends of both 0.1" DIP
connectors off to the R and L sides of the K3.  Some little 2" compact
mirrors work for this, so ask your XYL for used compacts if anyone
still actually uses them.

You can see both connectors, then you'll at least get the outside end
pins seated, a good starting advantage.

73,
matt W6NIA
K3 #24