On Jun 29, 2005, at 5:13 AM, Sam Smith wrote:

Thanks, Lyle,
Yes, I have K2 #1013 - lucky 13. I'm sure I bought the KIO2 as soon as
it came out. I'll check the crystal fequency tonight.

The KIO2 uses a crystal frequency of 16.289 MHz. It has NOT been changed since the unit's inception. The KRC2 uses the same crystal.

Isn't there also a KIO2 in my remote PA? That one is probably the newer crystal?

The KPA100 has a voltage generator that uses an 18.432 MHz crystal. This one _has_ been changed since the original kit. The original frequency was also 16.289 MHz.

It might be interesting to change the KIO2's crystal to 18.432 to see if the spurs you are encountering go away (or get moved to somewhere less interesting).

- Jack Brindle, W6FB