When I bought the 2nd receiver after it first came out I matched the main rx
with an 8-pole 250 Hz roofing filter. After several years now of SO2V
contesting and dx pile-ups I've never had the 2nd receiver wound down
anywhere near the point where this filter would be switched in. So I'm
wondering whether to liquidate this particular valuable little asset and
invest in something more useful...such as antenna hardware.

Before I do perhaps others could say how they think the 2nd rx should be
populated filter-wise, which presumably will vary with operating mode. I
don't tend to do the 'second op with separate headphones tuning the 2nd vfo'
scenario which is I assume where a full filter complement would be
useful.....

Be interested in any opinions.....73,

Stewart, GW0ETF