Take a look at TRX-Pan, Tony. It does exactly that, is very well
integrated with the K3, properly displays both main and sub passbands in
all modes (including data sub-modes) and has a very nice uncluttered
interface. It is very small code-wise, launches immediately and runs
well even on netbooks. It is also very simple to install. It requires
either LP-Bridge or TRX-Manager as the serial interface, but most SDR
users would need LP-Bridge anyway. LP-Bridge is also small and normally
runs in the background.

http://www.telepostinc.com/TRXP.html

Larry N8LP