I recently upgraded my first run K3 and SN 822.  822 was fine, but
with #295, I had the same thing as you describe..several times.  I
sure did not tighten them "that much" when I put it together!

Besides what Bill has contributed to your issue, I had to leave the 2D
in place and manage to remove all the other screws so that the block
came off with the side panel.  I then used a traditional pliers to
undo the block.  So like I said, no way I made it that tight
originally.  Maybe it's an Elecraft feature...self-tightening screws?
LOL

So you may need to be a bit more creative than simply rocking the side
panel 30 degrees to loosen it up (or other panels).  Worst case, you
can get one of the "backwards" drill bits (no, I don't know what they
are really called) and take it out that way.  I did not need to do
that.

de Doug KR2Q