If it's tight enough to require this much intervention and
compenstion, just drill off all of the screw heads and replace the 2-D
block and the countersunk screws.  Don't panic.

You're not dealing with a relic, it's a modern ham rig.  Any part(s)
can be replaced easily, and Elecraft support for problems like this is
excellent.

After this much discussion I have little doubt Elecraft tech support
would not send the replacement parts to you gratis in an envelope
pretty quick-quick.  They almost always do this.  It is Their Way.

73,
matt W6NIA