Clipped pin 7 wire and all is well. Both DX Lab's radio controller module and
the logging module are listening to the K3.

Thanks!

________________________________
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <li...@subich.com>
To: Jack Berry <jlbe...@yahoo.com>; Elecraft Reflector
<elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Fri, November 25, 2011 4:04:16 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3/SteppIR setup

On 11/25/2011 4:41 PM, Jack Berry wrote:
> Cable from SteppIR is the S-13.

The S-13 cable has a problem ... disconnect the wire at pin 7 on
the transceiver end.  SteppIR loops a TTL copy of RxD out on pin
7 and back in on pin 7.  If there is a load on pin 7, the RxD can
be compromised.

> Tell me about AI, can't find that in the manual.

AI is in the Programmer's guide and causes the K3 to send the IF
data whenever the frequency/band/mode changes.  It will not help
if the transceiver is loading the TTL RxD signal.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV