Hi Don,

I'm awaiting the arrival of the G5RV from True Talk.  It has a lot of
good reviews over at eham.  I'm not sure where I'll put it, though.  I
was thinking of the attic, but 50 ft is longer than my 25 ft attic.

I'm also considering one of the tak-tenna (taktenna.com) setups.  This
is another with good eham reviews and looks relatively simple to set
up on the roof of the house.  I know the antenna is as important as
the transceiver, and I'm hoping for a more elaborate setup eventually,
but right now I'd be happy with a basic operational level.

I'm trying to figure out how to set up the grounding.  Also, the
wiring in the house wasn't done by professionals.  The receptacle
tester shows a number of outlets having a ground/neutral reversed
error.  Some check out ok and others don't even have the ground
connection on the receptacle.  Hopefully I won't have to rewire the
whole house.

As always, any suggestions are welcome.

Merry Christmas to you, too!

KC9VBI