John,

FB on your "Trophy Case".  I do not have any trophy case of past rigs.
I do have some of my old tube receivers stowed away in the attic - I
don't know why, but I just can't part with them and since they are
homebrew, they are not regarded as classics to be rebuilt.
I did sell my BC-348 long ago and have regretted it, I don't know what
happened to the SW-54 receiver I used as a novice (any questions about
why I did not have many contacts?), and the nice homebrew transmitter I
built for my Novice station was cannibalized for parts to be used in
other projects (teenager with limited monetary resources).

So you see, I am not in the habit of buying gear with any mind toward
selling it in the future, nor do I wish to put all my past homebrew
projects on display (although that may be worthy of some consideration
for what is left in my collection).

I do have an attachment to those things that I build, and if I have
built them for myself, would never consider selling them.  I just keep
them around so I can look at them once in a while and "remember when".

You do not have to understand nor agree with my personal version of
nostalgia, but as we look back (hey, it is New Year's Eve - a time for
looking back and anticipating the future) we can enjoy our past
accomplishments and take lessons from those things that did not turn out
so well.

73,
Don W3FPR