Thank you very much for the information Don.  I opened the rig and took a look
at it. Also, found some references to mods that I did. Here is the info:

-       Yes, I have the K2/100.
-       The following mods related to KPA100 have been made:
o       K2 12/10m BPF mod (from June 2002)
o       K2 VFO ALC mod (from June 2002)
o       KPA 100 shield upgrade (from June 2003)
o       KPA 100 Upgrade kit (Rev. B, Feb 2004)
-       The cables are not tucked in between the KPA100 and the top of the
Control board, I will try this next and let you know.
-       I also see a mod where the audio line level is brought out to the rear
of the K2 for sound card connection (from J5). I will take the cable out for
now and see if this makes a difference.
-       R14 on the KSB2 board is 5.6K and R2 is 1K. I believe that means the
simple mic gain mod has been made that was to swap R2 and R14.  However, I
found this
http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/Mic-Gain-K2-100-td394881.html#a394889 .I
think I did that because my VOX did not work right, even now, I am not happy by
the VOX operations. However, since I am using MicroHam Keyer II and foot
switch, I am not sure I need to worry about VOX.  Possibly, I should undo this
change? What do you think?
-       You mention the speaker shield.  Even though I have the shield update
kit installed, I do NOT have any type of shield on the speaker magnet.  Ideas?

Thank you very much for your help.  Looking forward to some pointers.

Thanks and 73,
Andreas, KU7T