Hi,

I have my fully loaded KX3 on order and have some questions about the power
supply. I've operated with my FT-817 powered from an 8Ah LiPol battery
pack, which has 3 LiPol cells in series and gives from about 12.5V when
full down to about 9.5V when fully drained.

The FT-817 gives just about full output power throughout the range,
dropping the output slightly as the voltage gets below ~10.5V.

Given that the KX3 can operate from 8 1.2V NiMH cells, I am guessing that
it will be fine with using my LiPol pack as an external power source. But
how efficient will it be? What output power can I expect to see at the
different voltages?

73, Thomas M0TRN