Greetings All,

Here I am portable at my mother-in-law's place in NY (home QTH is CO).  I
was fortunate enough to bring my KX1 with me to make *good* use of my time
while visiting.  With the internal batteries (1-2 watts out) and a 36 foot
wire tossed out of the window of her 4th floor apartment, I made a dozen
QSOs on 20M yesterday including OK, I, PJ2, PJ4, HG, and a bunch of
stateside.    What a blast!

For the next visit, I'll have my KX3, and things can only get better.  Condx
are poor today, but I bet I could make a PSK31 QSO if I had the means.

Which brings me to my quest for a portable power supply.  Having used my KX1
only hiking and never around AC, I've never thought about a small supply.
But in this situation, it's very appropriate.  I noticed there are a number
of supplies on the market when I searched for 12V 2A regulated supplies.
There are some that are wall wart style, which would be perfect for
travelling.

So, my question is...
- does anyone have any experience with these and have a recommendation?
- are these relatively cheap regulated supplies really regulated enough?
- do we think 2 amps is sufficient for the KX3 in the 10 watt mode?

Tnx for the advice.

73,   Shel  KF0UR