On 2/7/2012 8:45 AM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
> Thanks for noticing, Bill:)  The HK0NA crew certainly did a great job,
> as have other recent DXpeditions using K3s, etc.

Yes, and more DXPeditions would be using K3s if the JA companies didn't
have deeper pockets than Elecraft.  Think about the cost of doing that
for a small company the size of Elecraft, and you realize that it isn't
easy.  For one trip that I was aware of the details, Eric could provide
two radios, but Icom gave them a half dozen 7600s and even paid
shipping, but demanded exclusivity.. On later trips that same group made
the decision for K3s, and I don't think they were supported by Elecraft!

73, Jim K9YC