If you're interesting in chasing DXpeditions that run split pileups
("listening up"), the sub-RX is very useful for tracking where they're
listening, so you can be calling where you're likely to be heard -
listen to the DX on one receiver and tune around with the other,
looking for the guy giving a "599" report.... or look for a "hole"
where no one else is calling.

The sub-RX could also be used to monitor some calling frequency,
perhaps even on another band, as you operate with the main-RX.

If you're not interested in those styles of operating, you probably
don't need the KRX3.

73,

    ~iain / N6ML