Hi Ron,

I tried an LDG tuner operated remotely in an enclosure at the base of a
125'
tower with 120 radials.  It was powered with a local 115VAC - 12VDCPS.

I had two failures, and even though LDG fixed the tuner under warranty,
I gave up and sold it.  They couldn't ... or wouldn't ... tell me the cause
of the failures.  Before I purchased the tuner I asked them about low
temperature survival and the said they had no idea.  I'm in Montana
where the temperatures can reach -40F, and the tower can attract
quite a static charge from blowing snow.

Take your pick for the cause of the failures. (;-)

I had a friend with an SGC tuner that worked well.  If you go the SGC
route, take careful note of the power rating.  That's why I didn't buy an
SGC.

73!

Ken Kopp - K0PP