From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Nick Garner
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 5:56 PM
To: Elecraft Reflector
Subject: [Elecraft] [OT] Radio Control via HamLog on iPhone

Hello Everyone,
Over the years that HamLog (http://goo.gl/BMFzM) has been available on
the various mobile platforms out there, I've had several users ask me
for a way to get radio information into the app automatically, both at
home and/or out in the field, portable, dxpeditions, etc.  In the past
few weeks I've put something together that allows HamLog to talk to
radios for both command & control and state retrieval.  Below is a
link to a demo of it working with an iPad and a K3.  The video should
answer a lot of the questions you might have.  This is all entirely
beta at the moment so it might not look like this in the first
release.

Demo Video (about 9 minutes):
http://goo.gl/N8JK7

Take a look and let me know what you think!  If you're interested in
having one, please visit the following URL and enter your call sign
and email address.  There is no obligation and I'm not asking for any
type of deposit; I just need to gauge the demand for the initial run.

Interest Registration:
http://pignology.net/ptainterest

I envision a KX3 stashed in a backpack (HF Pack style) being fully
controlled by an iOS/Android device while walking down the trail, all
the while logging the contacts you're making.

73,
Nick
N3WG/6

P.S. You might see this email cross-posted on some of the various
portable/QRP interest groups out there, please excuse the duplication.