 Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 17:53:14 -0800
From: ml-node+s365791n7338679...@n2.nabble.com
To: ronce...@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: K2 XV50 Transverter Antenna Connection

        Ron,

The 6 meter antenna connects directly to the XV50.

Since you have the K60XV, set up the XV50 for 1 mW input power, and set

it as TRN1 (or 2 or 3 or 4, your choice) with the dip switches in the

XV50.  Also set it for split TX/RX IF cables.  The K2 TRNx selection

should match the DIP switch settings in the XV50.  Set the other menu

parameters - especially the power equals Low and 1.00 mW.  That should

make you "good to go"

When the KPA100 is connected, you cannot use the QRP ANT2 for anything -

the presence of the KPA100 forces the KAT2 to ANT1.

When you have it set up correctly, the band switch will select 6 meters,

the XV50 will turn on and you can TX/RX just like on the HF bands, but

using the antenna that is connected to the XV50.

73,

Don W3FPR

On 3/2/2012 7:28 PM, KM4VX wrote:

> I have a K2/10 connected to a KAT100 and KPA100, both enclosed in the

> external EC2 enclosure. Works great, thanks to Don in Wake Forest. I just

> acquired a used XV 50 and have been trying to connect it to my K2 setup. I

> can't figure out how to connect the antenna output from the transverter to

> my 6 meter dipole. I have the antenna 1 port from the K2 going to the EC2,

> and two antenna ports  from the EC2 going to antennas.  I control antenna 1

> and antenna 2 on the EC2 with the K2 antenna switch/button; this is normal.

> I now have a free antenna 2 port on the K/2 and the single antenna port on

> the XV50. The instructions ((XV50,K60XV (which I have and use with the

> transverter) and K2))  indicate the coax to the 6 meter antenna should be

> directly from the transverter. That doesn't seem to work. How does the K2

> know which antenna port to use?  Should I use antenna 1 or antenna 2 switch

> on the K2? The antenna 2 output on the K2 is not connected to anything now

> based on the way it is connected to the EC2; K2 uses only antenna 1 port

> although ports 1 and 2 are used from the KPA100 to antennas. Thanks. Ron

Post: mailto:[hidden email]

                If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
discussion below:

http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/K2-XV50-Transverter-Antenna-Connection-tp7338520p7338679.html

                To unsubscribe from K2 XV50 Transverter Antenna Connection,
click here.

                NAML