I am attempting to slowly learn to work with CW but at first it is with
a computer program but I am not sure if that is relevant.

I understand the reason for break in as it allows for RX listening
between your TX in case someone it trying to contact your.

The issue is that when using VOX and with semi or full breakin when
using my amp the relays in the amp are clicking and clacking like crazy
which to me seems very abusive to the amp.    My solution has been to go
to semi break in and then set a long delay time so the amp and K3 stay
keyed.

The amp is an SGC powercube and I do have it wired to the K3 so it gets
a PTT signal.

Am I doing the right thing with the delay or are there other ways to
stop the amp from going nuts or is this just the nature of the beast.

~73
Don
KD8NNU