There are not too many frame grabbers out there which support VGA.  The one I
am using is an Avermedia Game Broadcaster HD PCIe board.  It has VGA in and
HDMI as well. It will support up to 1920x1080x60 with no flicker, delays
etc.  It costs around $140.  Of course once you add up the
P3+SVGA+Framegrabber, price is kinda high, but you them have completely
portable operation if you wish, fixed based operation with a large display
for the P3 and computer operated pan-adapter as well.
The main thing is that all processing of the IF signal is still done by the
P3, and the integration is the same as if it is alone.  On the other hand,
control is with the Windows PC and a ot can be done at this point.
Anyways, I have 2 30"monitors + the 24" for the P3...I said there has to be
a better way, so I'm making one.
So far so good.