Ok, I have run into a few logistics issues that I hope someone can assist
with.
In order for the P3 to control the K3 it must maintain communications via a
serial link.  Thus one needs to use a com port sharing program such as
LP-Bridge or LP-Bridge 2.  This works fine within the design parameters of
the program.  As I have not used these programs before, are there any issues
with them that I should be aware of?  Everything is working fine and far
better than I thought.

I have found a bug in the P3 firmware: Issuing the #REF command only allows
setting over -140 to -90 not to +10 as stated in the manual.  This is not
big issue since if you need your reference level at -90 you have other
problems!

These will be the features in the first version:  Please let me know if I
have missed anything:
Setting of reference level
Setting of Span
Setting of scale
Setting of center frequency
Turning on and off of waterfall
Turning Peak Hold on and off
Turning and setting averaging (waterfall also)
Using Markers A and B by mouse
10 customizable function keys: Can set span, or almost anything that the P3
can do. Each key can contain many commands at the same time.
Screen capture
Spectrum recording (there may or may not be compression in the first
release..)
Fully scalable spectrum display from 640x400 to 1920x1080

I will also have a "remote" mode.  Now I would appreciate peoples feedback
on this.  You will need to do a remote login such as using mstsc or Logmein
etc.  Of course, if you did this at full resolution you will need huge
bandwidth.  Most upload speeds for the Internet are around 1mb/s.  Therefore
I will offer a reduced resolution and video update mode.  Perhaps something
like 640x400 and 10 fps.Can anyone suggest another way to do this?

Well that's it for now.  I expect I will have something for release in a
couple of weeks.  The first release will be for Windows 7 x64.  I will try
for the x32 as well.

I would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks, Tom VA2FSQ