> However that said, Pactor III is a godsend for us hams that are
> cruising on our boats....here in the south pacific, I can send/rec
> email, and get all kinds of weather charts/info to make my sailing
> safer. Pactor III may not be for you, but it is for me

And commercial or quasi-commercial traffic should be conducted on
commercial frequencies not on top of amateur users whenever the damn
PACTOR-bots decide to start transmitting.

As one of the twelve who were on the ARRL committee that formulated
the automatic and semi-automatic control concepts nearly 30 years ago,
allowing *any* form of automatic control is one of the biggest mistakes
in nearly 100 years of amateur radio - right up with phone patches in
the amateur service.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV