To my ears, this AGC change is a MAJOR improvement!  It didn't
take any extensive testing to reach that conclusion.  The
difference is immediately obvious.

As mentioned previously, with low values of slope and high values
of threshold, loud signals "blank out" with the current firmware
release, so the most aggressive combinations can't be used now.
Threshold 15 and slope 0 seem to work pretty well though.  I am
listening to 20 meter cw now with two K3's.  Rig 1 has the new
firmware, with threshold 15 and slope 0.  Rig 2 has threshold 8
and slope 0 with the current mainstream firmware.

Rig 1 sounds MUCH cleaner, both on the loud W1AW code practice
signal, and on the 7O6T pileup.  The pileup is not too deep on
any one frequency, so it's not the ultimate test, but signals do
sound much cleaner on rig 1.

If more aggressive values of slope and threshold can be
accommodated without the blanking effect, the improvement will be
even greater.    Elecraft is definitely on the right track here.
Thanks for working on this issue!

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, Arizona