From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Nate Bargmann
Sent: Wednesday, 9 May 2012 21:05
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Fw: OT: Kenwood's new rig?

* On 2012 09 May 05:28 -0500, VE3GNO Daniel wrote:
> without Rob Sherwood stamp nobody will spend big $$$ for colored displays.

I beg to differ.  I have seen plenty of postings that indicate a fair number
are wanting a "high end" Kenwood for their shack and I think plenty will
plunk down a deposit next weekend even though it is still almost sight
unseen.

It's almost comical reading the various forums where there seems to be a
thought of "anything but a K3" amongst some.  I have no doubt that Kenwood
will sell plenty '990s just as they have '590s.

Not to be snide, but the picture made me think I was looking at an Icom!

> So far nobody knows what is ethernet port is doing...web server?
> sip+codec? or just firmware upgrade. Also why 2 USB's...is one
> possible to be used for a keyboard? Hopefully next week we'll have
> some answers

Apparently there won't be a real box to play with.  From what I've read the
disply will be a mock-up with no elecronics inside.  Of course, that
information is a few weeks old by this point.

73, de Nate, N0NB >>

--

"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true."