Hi David,

We ( Vienna Wireless Society) have had multiple Elecraft K3s our for our
field day. Did not seem any more difficult that other radios we have had
out. I think there is a locked setting to limit amount of messing up the
settings. We usually had someone around that knew how to reset the
radios. But we had that sort of issue with a TenTec Orion and a
FT-1000MP previous years. So no worse experience with K3s than any other
radio brought out with those that did not own one.

We used mono-band antennas for 40m CW and SSB stations and multi band
antennas for our other two stations.  Had two sets of band pass filters
but discovered the K3s were just fine without.

We have also had a 3 band Spiderbeam up on a 15 meter mast for the
non-40 SSB station which got us a nice signal to the West.

we do not like multiband antennas in general. lately we have been using
two element wire yagis pointed towards the West coast ( we are in Virginia).

73, tom n4zpt