Let's end the pro/con RS-232 versus USB thread now before it takes on a life of
its own ;-) As noted by others, there are many prior threads that you can
search on for this discussion.

The short answer for the XG3 is that it only uses a simple command set that
does not require any USB specific functions. There is no operational advantage
for USB versus RS-232 on the XG3. We support both RS-232 and USB on all of our
products for control via our RS232 and USB cables.  Many hams use legacy
computers that only have RS232, so that is the lowest required denominator for
comm support.

Also note, we -do- have cables for the XG3 (and KX3, W2 and W1) that connect
directly from their comm port to USB. The part number is KXUSB. Its not on our
order form yet, but will be next week. (It is included by default with the KX3.)

[Thread Closed]

73,
Eric
List Moderator, among other duties..