On 5/14/2012 3:53 PM, kf4ueo wrote:
> I am contemplating the purchase of a K3 and want to SWL also. Can I
> use the AM mode to listen to SW using the stock 2.7Khz tuning one
> sideband.

Yes, the K3 provides passable 3 KHz audio using the 2.7 or 2.8 KHz
filter in Sync-AM mode or when tuned to one side in standard AM.

The 6 KHz filter provides 4.5 KHz audio in Sync AM (limited by the
audio low pass filter) and 3+ KHz audio with envelope detection.

I tend to like the FM filter if you're not transmitting AM (because
the K3 will not allow AM transmission with the FM filter) since it
provides a full 4.5 KHz audio response with envelope detection.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV