On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 1:08 PM, <dm...@nexicom.net> wrote:

> ...my dlink router is throwing birdies big time...

==============
I have encountered this same problem with all the wifi routers I've tried.
My solution has three parts: I put the router as far away from the shack as
feasible while still getting good wifi connectivity; I shortened all the
cables and wires connecting to the router as much as possible; and I
festooned those cables and wires with ferrites. Note that if you have a
cable modem, the router may radiate junk back into your house's tv-cable
wiring, and birdies can get into the shack via that route. Anyway, once you
realize the problem and know where the birdies are, you can attack it and
with some patience, you can attenuate most or even all of them below the
level of audibility.

Tony KT0NY

--
http://www.isb.edu/faculty/facultydir.aspx?ddlFaculty=352