Hi Alan,

I did the reset on the K3, but to no avail. I'll try on the P3. But I'm
suspicious that the P3 is not the problem since it merely examines a fixed IF
bandpass. No doubt the P3 *is* the problem for the NaN math error, but not
about the flat-line showing in the display. Eh?

So it really looks like there are two separate issues here. Somehow the P3 has
to know what frequencies it is looking at, so it can show numeric band edges,
center frequencies, and marker positions. All of these are messed up on the 6m
band. Hence the K3 must be sending information that either (A) is badly hosed
up, or (B) the P3 can no longer handle properly.

The second issue is the apparent lack of signal coming from the K3 to the P3
for display in the spectrum analyzer and waterfall. Surely the P3 is not in
charge of the signal arriving, or is it?

This problem did not exist in older revs (about a year ago), as far as I can
recall. I just noticed it recently when I tried to zero-beat the reference
oscillator to the 5th harmonic of my Rb oscillator in the shack. But I could be
wrong about distant memories too....

- 73 de Dave, N7AIG

On May 31, 2012, at 12:22 PM, Alan Bloom wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> On Wed, 2012-05-30 at 21:14 -0700, David McClain wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> A few weeks ago I upgraded my P3 and K3 to firmware P3 MCU: 1.16 and
>> K3 MCU: 4.48. Since then, when I try to observe my Rb oscillator's 5th
>> harmonic at 50 MHz, the P3 flatlines (no baseline noise at all, just a
>> flat line), and when I try to adjust the Span of the P3 display it
>> shows "nan" next to the span readout and refuses to adjust.
>
> "nan" means "not a number."  It sounds like somehow the span value got
> set to an illegal floating-point number.  Try doing a "Parameter
> Initialization" as described in the manual.  (Basically hold the LABELS
> key and tap the POWER key.)  Be aware that a param init resets all your
> function keys and other settings.
>
>> Is this a known bug?
>
> No I've never heard of that one before.  Congratulations on being the
> first. :=)
>
> Alan
>

>> Dr. David McClain
>> d...@refined-audiometrics.com