[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi all, Well I guess just about everyone has bumped into the slider
switch and gotten the "battery low" message.

I'm just curious as what the purpose of that slider is?  In other
words, when is it appropriate to to switch it over?

It was intended to allow you to use the built-in voltmeter to make voltage measurements with a probe throughout the K2. Theoretically you wouldn't even need a DVM to build and adjust a K2!

However, so many people bumped the switch that later K2s have a jumper instead!

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco