Does anyone have actual measurements to indicate that one is *significantly*
better than the other?

Solder may not be as good a conductor as copper, but we're talking about a
fraction of a millimeter of solder covering the entire mating surface of the
cable and connector through which the current flows.

IMX working on electronic systems we chose crimping over solder because
crimping is faster than soldering. Even so, I have found that it is as easy
to do a bad crimp job as it is to do a bad soldering job.

73, Ron AC7AC