As far as I know Teflon is a good insulator, capable of high
temperatures and pressures. If you say teflon wire, you give it the
false interpretation of being a conductor., like the guy that said
solder was a "poor"" conductor, really?

I did volt drop tests , I have professional crimp sets and solder
systems, being based in electrical trades for a living.

A topend fluke MM told me that I achieved 0.15v better VD figures across
the same cold weld (not "weld"), properly crimped connection for cable
size and type. You will not minimise the volt drop to best achievable
until soldered.

Test @ 20 amps.

A wet cloth wrap near the connection helps prevents solder run
(capillary action) down the conductor/cable.

A good ref here:
http://www.virginiawind.com/tips/060801_01.asp