Tom,

It may be an HRD problem or a problem with a USB to serial adapter. What
happens if you issue the command with K3 Utility terminal page.  That
will tell you whether to look toward the K3 for the solution or toward HRD.

Are you running HRD through LP-Bridge?   If so, that is another possible
block.  90% of the K3 commands work through LP-Bridge, but not all -
this may be one of them (I really don't know, I am just guessing).

73,
Don W3FPR