*Bruce,

I think we all should remember that in order to release a new product,
Elecraft will first ship out the Field Test Units where they use these to
thoroughly test out the design and functionality ok the equipment unlike
shall we say 'other' manufacturers and reduce the risk of shipping
equipment that falls short of customer expectations.

the second advantage of doing this is to refine the manual and reduce as
many of the errata changes as possible. Remember too that the manual writer
only wants to do the job of writing once and needs feedback from users to
allow the author to write the manual in such a way as to help users
understand the equipment and when it comes to assembly it helps with the
wording of that manual also.

Elecraft can only give you information that is accurate and we should not
expect them to release a daily sheet on where they are at with a particular
product.

The FT units will ship out 'soon' and testing will not be a long period
with something like a KAT500 when compared with say the K3 as there are
obviously less features/functions to deal with for a KAT500 vs a K3/KPA500.

The fact they have not 'moved' the hopeful release date is encouraging for
those of us that are waiting.

Kenwood have shown of there latest 'future' release and still no exact
release date and this also is to be expected as they await FCC approval etc
as well as final FW release.

73
Gary
*
On 22 July 2012 05:58, Bruce Beford <bruce.bef...@myfairpoint.net> wrote:

> Sad you feel this way. I have been enjoying my KX3 for about a month now.
> Yes, I waited almost 6 months from the date of my pre-order. I did the same
> for my K3. Neither was "vintage" when received. Hardly. In fact even with
> the early-adopter pre-order wait, there was still nothing on the market
> that
> compared with either product. I also pre-ordered a KAT500 when Elecraft
> announced they were comfortable enough with the design to accept orders.
> When it arrives, I will enjoy that also.
> 73,
> Bruce N1RX
>
> > Bruce: I know and there is stuff on YouTube,  but that is quite different
> from a photo on Elecraft
> > promoting the product. I cancelled  KX3 because by the time I got it the
> technology would be
> > vintage; I have high hopes the KAT500 will surface this year. Ron

*Gary*
*"If you don't know where you are going you will probably end up somewhere
else."*