That is certainly a goal, Gary, but Wayne and Eric are adamant about my
incorporating any customer feedback that makes sense no matter how many
changes it requires. Little of that feed back is direct about the manual
although I appreciate hearing about any overlooked typos, etc. Most often
the changes are clarifications and additions in response to questions
directed to Customer Support because a step wasn't clear.

The hard and fast goal for the first revision of any manual is for the very
first customer who gets the product to be able to easily and correctly build
it (if a kit) and operate it. After that the changes are all refinements,
but there are often many.

On the kit assembly manuals (Wayne handles the KX3, K3 and several other
Owner's manuals and looks 'over my shoulder' on the rest), I sit down with
only the tools listed in the manual and approach the kit as a first-time
builder while writing the first draft. Then I tear the rig apart and do it
again to validate the steps. And often a third and fourth time to try
alternate assembly techniques or to confirm that the corrections I made to
the first draft are correct. The KX3 on my desk has been apart at least a
dozen times so far. The K3 well over 30 times, and the KPA500 about as many.

And that's why I monitor the reflector and Yahoo group. Comments there alert
me to things still overlooked about any of the current products.

73, Ron AC7AC