Hello to all.

Maybe that I don't understand the real utility of the roofing filter but I
observed this. Last saturday, we were on a SOTA summit using two KX3s about 40
feet appart transmitting CW at 5 W. And even with  the roofing filters on, we
heard each other's sending as a diffuse noise. I know that changion RX shift to
8 disable the roofing filters, but we were not using that shift.

So, am I missing something about the use of these filters? Are they designed
for operations with operators near each other like SOTA activation on a crowded
summit ?

73, de VE2PID KX3 S/N 190