Well, as JC Fogerty said in his "Stuck in Lodi Again" tune: things got tough,
then things got worse…

It turns out that VMWARE Fusion is worthless for trying to run the K144XV
application under Win/XP. They send "serial port" data to a file, instead of to
the USB bus. Wonderful.

Two folks recommended using the $59 program "CrossOver" from CodeWeavers.
They've got a 14 day free trial, so I thought I give it a shot. Installed their
program and then installed the K144XV DOS utility. But, now I'm stuck - no idea
how to define a COM port for this thing to use. The K3, P3, and KPA500
Utilities work fine with the Elecraft Serial-->USB cable, so I know I've got a
working connection. Anyone know how to do this?

Wayne / Eric / Gary: Any progress getting the Mac version of the K144XV utility
going to complement the other products?