I have done some research to see if this feature has been discussed /
requested before...  After getting back into hobby in the spring of April
2009, I dusted off my old 1000MP and started operating on a regular basis.
 It had been in the box for almost 9 years of non use.  Anyway,  many on
the list had or still have the 1000MP, a great radio.  It's fun to be back
active again on HF.  I'm trying to catch up for all the lost time by
spending a lot of $$$ now. ;)

Well, this spring I decided to pull the trigger on a K3 after really
getting to kick the tires on several at a couple of N3RS ARRL CW efforts
over the last 3 years.  It was time for a new radio and I loved the
portability of the K3 and what I was hearing / using at the N3RS CW contest
operations.

So I put a kit together a pretty loaded up kit version in April and I'm
really loving the K3 and there is certainly no going back to the 1000MP.
 It was perfect on a county line expedition I did for 7QP.

Back to the real reason for this email to the list... There is one thing I
really miss from the 1000MP (the only thing really).... and it's the auto
memory of the last frequency you used per mode / band.  I'm sure this
wouldn't be fore everyone so it should be optional.  I really like how if
you were operating on 14008.5 CW for example and you pushed the Mode for
SSB, you will change to SSB (obviously) and the frequency would jump to the
last frequency you had used SSB on for 20 meters in this case, 14220 for
example... if you popped back to the CW mode, you would jump right back to
14008.5 in this example.  I find it really clunky to change the step or
manually enter a frequency.  It was so nice to get you into the band area
for the mode automatically and then just tun around from there.

Have I missed something obvious for the K3?  Is there a way to creatively
do this now?  With a macro maybe?  I tried to hunt around and see if
someone had the same question or suggestion, but maybe I'm searching for
the wrong terms.

de Max NG7M