On 9/16/2012 8:11 PM, Alan Bloom wrote:
> Yes, the cable impedance does not matter but the connectors do.  The
> 75-ohm cable probably has 75-ohm BNC plugs, which as I recall have a
> smaller pin.  They might not make reliable connections with the 50-ohm
> sockets on the K3 and P3.
>
> Go ahead and try it, but if the connections seem flakey you should get a
> real 50-ohm cable.
>
> Alan N1AL

Possibly, but unlikely. I've got a bunch of 75 ohm cables with BNCs on
both ends that came from a broadcast studio when they rewired it (either
ABC Chicago or PBS Chicago, if I recall correctly)) and they all mate
just fine with my 50 ohm females.  Indeed, the only BNC cable I've ever
seen that didn't work was one that came with my first P3. :)  Didn't
bother to figure out why, just traded it for a new one.

73, Jim K9YC