GM,

Powersonic sells automatic chargers for SLA batteries that do just what you described, Don, The PSC 12500A is the right charger for the KBT-2. That's the 0.5 amp charger. I keep my KBT-2 on float/charge with the PSC 12500A with the battery switch off unless I am on battery power, and it seems as good as new. It was purchased with my K2 S/N 462 in 1999. It has two lights; both light when it is in the stage 1 or 2 modes, and a single light stays on when it is in the stage three mode.

73,  Chas