Hi All,

Thanks for the messages about the power up LCD blink - it's the way it should
be.

Now another question:  my KPA500 replaces an old AL811. I noticed, when I
connected the KPA500 in line, that the K3 SWR meter was giving slightly higher
than expected readings with the amp in standby. Given that nothing else in my
transmission chain had changed, other than swapping over the amps,  I thought
this was strange. I also noted that my LP100 meter would show an SWR of 1.0:1
(on the rig side of my manual tuner) while the K3 meter would show an SWR of
1.2:1. The KPA500 SWR meter agrees with the LP100.

Looking at this, I put a dummy load on the output of the KPA500 and with the
amp in standby,  I found that on 20m and above, the KPA500 input SWR is around
1.2:1 with a maximum of 1.3:1 on 6m, measured by an Antenna analyzer on amp's
input. Also, taking the amp out of line by physically disconnecting it and
using a coax barrel connector to join the input and output lines causes the K3
and LP100 meters to agree.

So, is this input SWR variation in standby mode,  within spec for the KPA500?
I didn't see this with my AL811 in line, but then I'd carefully adjusted its
tuned inputs.

Please tell me I'm fly specing here and to stop obsessing :)

Cheers
JohnVK7JB