Nevermind found in the Cady manual what I did wrong.  Fred Cady’s book rocks!!!

Keith
AK6ZZ

From: Ham Radio
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 9:00 PM
To: Elecraft group email
Subject: {K3} New Upload of MCU stuck

I was uploading my newly arrived, upgraded and fixed K3 serial 1526 from the
factory to the latest version and it froze with the MCU LD displayed and the K3
utility program asking to be closed.  I was doing the upgrade of the MCU
through a virtual port set up by Microham uRouter program and something did not
go correctly.  I need some help with this.  I unplugged it and it doing the
same thing.  The transmit light is flashing and the MCU LD is displaying.  I
just received the K3 today after a month and I would like to get it working
again.

Keith
AK6ZZ