No problem.

I tried uploading the firmware update through the virtual port created by
uRouter program from MicroHam. This is a major "no no". I followed the
instructions as per Fred's manual that I needed to follow the bootstrap
procedure for failed upload and found out that I needed a direct not virtual
com port to do the upload and that using a virtual port will result in the
issue of the upload locking up.

I used a serial to serial connector after removing all connectors and followed
the procedure cited in the help portion under troubleshooting and voila the
firmware uploaded and alles en ordnung.

Hope this helps. I was a bit excited when I was able to get the answer by
reading cady's manual and I wanted to give Fred some props for his very
thorough and helpful book on the K3.

Keith
AL6ZZ

Sent from my iPhone please excuse typos