Tom.

You either have the microphone configuration header that was indtalled as a part of the KSB2 option or you do not have the KSB2 option installed.

All properly constructed K2s with the KSB2 optionl 9 will have that Microphone Configuration Header on the Front Panel Board. It is not a consideration for the serial number of the K2, that jumper became available at the first time the KSB2 was made available and is applicable to all K2s. I have K2 SN 00020 and have the microphone configuration header installed (part of the KSB2), and I have no problem interfacing with any ham microphone - pro-audio mics requiring phantom power are a different matter entirely.

73,
Don W3FPR